Oriental Crispy Ribbon Salad from Dean Edwards recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
"This makes a fantastic veggie meal and it’s ready in less than 15 minutes! This salad is full of great texture, from the sweet crispiness of the iceberg lettuce to the crunchy carrot and courgette ribbons. Iceberg is really versatile and is a lettuce which is great in both hot and cold dishes.”
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
1 person made this
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 200g beansprouts
- 1 courgette (185g)
- 1 large carrot (165g)
- ½ Iceberg lettuce, shredded (280g)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together the oil, soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Heat 1 tbsp dressing in a frying pan and fry the beansprouts for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a potato peeler, make ribbons with the courgette and carrot and toss into the beansprouts, Iceberg lettuce and remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Dean’s tips: Also great with prawns or sliced cooked duck if you want a meat or fish version.